Below, please find minor requirements for each of the School of Natural Sciences' undergraduate minors. Students should choose the catalog year in which they matriculated to UC Merced. For more information on catalog rights, click here.
All Minor Change forms must be accompanied by a Graduation Planner. Advisors will use this document to ensure all degree requirements can be completed within the allotted 9 terms of enrollment at UC Merced, per the Normal Progress to Degree policy.
To declare a minor, students must:
- be in good standing with the university
- have an overall GPA of 2.0 (C) or better
- have completed fewer than 90 units*
*Except under unusual circumstances, no declaration of minor will be permitted after a student has attained senior standing (90 units). It is not possible to change or declare a minor after the student has submitted their Graduation Application with the Office of the Registrar.
Please Note: First-semester freshmen/transfer students will not be allowed to add a minor until after they have completed their first term at UC Merced.
Students should consult an advisor in the School of Natural Sciences to officially declare the minor and plan their courses. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- At least five courses, four of which must be upper division, must be taken for a letter grade
- At least three of the required courses must be taken at UC Merced
- Only one course may be used to satisfy two minor programs' requirements
- Only one course may be used to satisfy both a minor and a major requirement
- Work for the minor must be completed within the 150 unit maximum limit for graduation
- If the student's major and minor are in different schools, the higher unit limit will apply
- Students must consult the UC Merced General Catalog for prerequisites to required courses
- The minor will appear on the student's transcript
|Natural Sciences Education/Natural Sciences Education with Teaching Credential|
***We are no longer accepting applications for the Environmental Science & Sustainability Minor
Jenn Souza: Advisor for NS Minors (MATH, CHEM, ESSu, PHYSICS) for Non-NS students
Chelsea Arnold: Program Director & Advisor for NSED & NSEC Minors