February 20, 2015
Rachel De Vera
Biological Sciences Advisor
- Hometown: San Jose, CA
- Alma Mater(s): UC Merced - GO BOBCATS!
- Major(s): Psychology
- How long you have been working at UCM: 4 Years (Started in F2010 as an RA on campus).
- What is the most important life lesson you learned in college? Learning to say no. I joined a lot of clubs and orgs and earned many leadership positions in them. My grades were not the best one semester because I took on too many projects for my clubs. After that semester I learned to say no and my grades went up because I learned how to prioritize. I realized that I could not be in the clubs and orgs I loved without being a Bobcat first.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time? I love acting. I love auditioning and performing for playhouse Merced downtown. Some of my favorite show I've been in include Les Miserables, Rent, West Side Story, and Shrek the Musical.
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? "At Last" by Etta James. I sang it for my freshman roommates wedding, the couple’s first dance and did not want to mess up.
- Food you could eat every day: Pho & Boba
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Teamwork makes the dream work.